Chest Congestion is a very common disease and also this condition affects on other diseases or health conditions. Chest congestion is an infection of the respiratory tract. There are many people suffer from chest congestion due to common cold and flu. The feeling in chest congestion is very unpleasant and also very irritation. In the extreme level of chest congestion, you should make an appointment with your Doctor and ask How to get rid of Chest Congestion? In the bad condition of chest congestion, the buildup of fluids and mucus are around the lungs. In chest congestion, there is some kind of pressure and tightness is in the chest.
Causes of Chest Congestion
The main cause behind this condition called chest congestion is due to the virus, deposition of bacteria and some other causes which are listed below:
- Due to respiratory infections.
- The reason for heart disease.
- Viral infection.
- Common cold and Flu.
- Excess producing or deposition of fluids in the lungs.
- Cause by the lungs cancer.
- Due to Asthma.
- Due to Pulmonary Allergies.
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Due to Bronchitis.
Chest Congestion Symptoms
It is very easy to determine the symptoms of chest congestion. Chest pain and cough are the most common symptoms of chest congestion. Some important symptoms of chest congestion you must know:
- Shortness of breath.
- Bad Coughing.
- Sharp Chest pain.
- A runny nose.
- Discomfit in the chest.
- Irritation in the chest.
- Blood in phlegm.
- Fever and Dizziness.
- Crackling noise.
- Labored breathing.
- Shortness of Breath.
Treatment of Chest Congestion with Home Remedies
There are many treatments for chest congestion. Many people treat their chest Congestion with prescription medicines. And some people also try home remedies for the treatment of chest congestion. How to get rid of Chest Congestion with home remedies:
Treatment with salt water: Gargling with salt water for many times in a day is a very effective treatment or natural remedy for your chest congestion. The salt moves into your mucus and the hot water reduce irritation in the chest and throat.
- Add 1 spoon of salt and mix it with warm water.
- Mix well with water until the salt completely dissolved in the water.
- Gargle 4 to 5 times a day for better result.
Apple Cider Vinegar for chest congestion: Another effective remedy for chest congestion is called Apple Cider Vinegar helps to cure the mucus and helping to breathe even better. Apple Cider Vinegar is also effective for overall health.
- Take 2 teaspoons of organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Mix it with a cup of water and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Drink the mixer 3 to 4 times a day for a week or 2 weeks.
Treatment with Lemon and Honey: Lemons have antiseptic properties and also contain citric acid in it that helps for the treatment of chest congestion. Vitamin C in lemon can boost your immune system, help your body to fight the virus that causes chest congestion, cough. Honey is also very effective for the treatment of chest congestion. Honey acts as an antibacterial to treat the infection.
- Take a spoon of fresh lemon juice and honey.
- Mix them in a glass with hot water.
- And drink that mixer for 3 to 4 times a day for better results.